Navy Books & Pankhurst Gallery

Formerly a Naval recruiting office, works carried out by the Trust included removal of a mid-20th century annexe and replacement with a zinc-clad modern glazed extension, external refurbishment, and enclosure of a space between the original building and the Dockyard wall to the north.
 
The project won a Commendation in the Restoration category of the Portsmouth Society's Best Design Awards 2003.

Building Stats

Constructed

Circa 1900

Property Status

Within Conservation Area 22

Refurbished By PNBPT
2002
Capital Cost
£269,000 (funded externally)
Architect
Richard Partington Architects
Contractor
Eclipse Construction Ltd

Supported by:

Supported by Regional Growth Fund