Tinsmiths and Painters Workshops

The building replaced tinsmiths’ and painters’ workshops formerly located at the Portsmouth Gunwharf, when the latter was converted into HMS Vernon, the Royal Navy Torpedo and Mine Warfare School. It was subsequently adapted in 1929 for handling torpedoes along a standard gauge railway line.

Building Stats



Property Status


Current Use

Explosion Museum Store

Supported by:

Supported by Regional Growth Fund