Storehouse 9

The last of three large Georgian storehouses to be built during the Dockyard expansion from 1760.  Stores were taken in from the eastern side facing the road and taken out on the western side facing the Camber dock, where they were loaded onto small boats for onward transmission to ships in harbour.  Since the 1970s the ground floor has had various uses and currently houses the Antiques Warehouse and Georgian Tea Rooms.

Building Stats

Constructed

1782 by Templar & Parlby

Property Status

Listed Grade 1

Current Use

Antiques Warehouse and Georgian Teamroom (ground floor) and storage (upper floors)

Supported by:

Supported by Regional Growth Fund