Storehouse 11

The first of three large Georgian storehouses to be built during the Dockyard expansion from 1760 and previously known as Present Use Store.  Storehouse 11 served as a template for the two later storehouses, Nos 9 and 10, although the internal fittings in No 11 were of a higher quality.  It was completely refurbished externally in 1988-1992 by the Trust, and in 1997-1988 the Trust carried out internal refurbishment and conversion in partnership with the Royal Naval Museum to provide additional gallery space and new offices.

Building Stats

Constructed

1763 by Templar & Parlby

Property Status

Listed Grade 1

Current Use

Royal Nval Museum galleries, offices and library

Refurbished & converted by PNBPT
1988-92
Capital Cost
£320,000 (refurbishment) £111,000 (conversion)
Architect
Portsmouth City Council Department of Architecture & Civic Offices
Surveyor
Watt & Partners
Contractors
Waltham Contracts Ltd (refurbishment)
T Coleborn & Son  (conversion)
Capital Cost
£4.9m
Architect
Hedley Greentree Partnership
Contractor
Kier

Supported by:

Supported by Regional Growth Fund