E Magazine

Built for the bulk storage of gunpowder following the 1875 Magazine Committee's recommendations that it be stored away from the centre of the Priddy’s Hard site when C Magazine became too small for the purpose. The building was connected to a new Powder Pier (designed in 1876) by a tramroad. By 1913 it had been converted into a cordite magazine, and around 1939/1940 it was surmounted by a police post to view over the Priddy’s Hard site.

Building Stats

Constructed

1878-1879

Property Status

Listed Grade 2 (includes surrounding walls)

Current Use

Vacant

Supported by:

Supported by Regional Growth Fund