Cell Block

A two-storey red brick building with stone cornice containing 12 cells and some wonderfully ornate cast-iron lavatories. Originally it also had an adjoining police post and search area. The building played an important part in Dockyard security and the prevention of theft of materials.
 
Refurbishment works to the exterior also included replacement of parapet and chimney stacks.

Building Stats

Constructed

1882-1883

Property Status

within Conservation Area 22

Current Use

Start up businesses

Refurbished by PNBPT
1993/1994
Capital Cost
£100,000
 
Surveyor
Watts &Parnters
Contractor
T Coleborn & Son

Supported by:

Supported by Regional Growth Fund