B Magazine

The building was originally two separate structures, one a two-storey Shifting House (for the inspection of incoming gunpowder) and the other a Cooperage which later became another Shifting House).  The main Rolling Way of 1804 opened to 'B' Magazine through a broad arch.

Building Stats


1775, remodelled 1799

Property Status

Listed Grade 1

Current Use

Explosion Museum galleries

Supported by:

Supported by Regional Growth Fund