Property Portfolio

   The Ramparts
     
Earthen ramparts constructed as part of Gosport Lines (the defences of Portsmouth Harbour and the Royal Dockyard) to form Priddy’s Hard Fort.  In 1776 the Ordnance Board and the First Lord of the Admiralty decided to relocate gunpowder storage from the Square Tower, Portsmouth, to Priddy’s Hard, where the ramparts served as a blast wall to protect the surrounding area from the occasional accidental explosions which in Portsmouth had been the cause of great loss of life
 
Constructed
1756
Status
Scheduled Ancient Monument
Present Use
Unused/wildlife habitat

 

News & Events
Useful Links
Job Vacancies
Holiday Accommodation
Interactive Property Map for Historic Dockyard Portsmouth Interactive Property Map for Priddy's Hard Gosport
Download a pdf of the 20 year review