Property Portfolio

   E Magazine
     
Built for the bulk storage of gunpowder following the 1875 Magazine Committee's recommendations that it be stored away from the centre of the Priddy’s Hard site when C Magazine became too small for the purpose. The building was connected to a new Powder Pier (designed in 1876) by a tramroad. By 1913 it had been converted into a cordite magazine, and around 1939/1940 it was surmounted by a police post to view over the Priddy’s Hard site
 
Constructed
1878-1879
Status
Listed Grade 2 (includes surrounding walls)
Present Use
Vacant

 

News & Events
Useful Links
Job Vacancies
Holiday Accommodation
Interactive Property Map for Historic Dockyard Portsmouth Interactive Property Map for Priddy's Hard Gosport
Download a pdf of the 20 year review