Property Portfolio

   Cell Block
     
A two-storey red brick building with stone cornice containing 12 cells and some wonderfully ornate cast-iron lavatories. Originally it also had an adjoining police post and search area. The building played an important part in Dockyard security and the prevention of theft of materials.
 
Refurbishment works to the exterior also included replacement of parapet and chimney stacks.
 
Constructed
1882-1883
Status
within Conservation Area 22
Present Use
Start up businesses
Refurbished by PNBPT
1993/1994
Capital Cost
100,000
 
Surveyor
Watts &Parnters
Contractor
T Coleborn & Son

 

News & Events
Useful Links
Job Vacancies
Holiday Accommodation
Interactive Property Map for Historic Dockyard Portsmouth Interactive Property Map for Priddy's Hard Gosport
Download a pdf of the 20 year review