Formerly known as the Great Stone Dock, this dock was the first in the country to possess stone stepped sides instead of timbering when it was reconstructed in 1769. The Trust is currently negotiating with MOD Defence Estates to take over ownership of this dock, along with the Block Mills and Dry Dock No 4.
1698, rebuilt 1769
Scheduled Ancient Monument No 397 (part)
In MOD ownership but not in operational use
Possible Future Use
Display of additional historic ships/dry docking facilities in connection with the proposed Block Mills skills centre