Property Portfolio

   Storehouse 11
     
The first of three large Georgian storehouses to be built during the Dockyard expansion from 1760 and previously known as Present Use Store.  Storehouse 11 served as a template for the two later storehouses, Nos 9 and 10, although the internal fittings in No 11 were of a higher quality.  It was completely refurbished externally in 1988-1992 by the Trust, and in 1997-1988 the Trust carried out internal refurbishment and conversion in partnership with the Royal Naval Museum to provide additional gallery space and new offices.
 
Constructed
1763 by Templar & Parlby
Status
Listed Grade 1
Present Use
Royal Nval Museum galleries, offices and library
Refurbished & converted by PNBPT
1988-92
Capital Cost
320,000 (refurbishment) 111,000 (conversion)
Architect
Portsmouth City Council Department of Architecture & Civic Offices
Surveyor
Watt & Partners
Contractors
Waltham Contracts Ltd (refurbishment)
T Coleborn & Son  (conversion)
Capital Cost
4.9m
Architect
Hedley Greentree Partnership
Contractor
Kier

 

News & Events
Useful Links
Job Vacancies
Holiday Accommodation
Interactive Property Map for Historic Dockyard Portsmouth Interactive Property Map for Priddy's Hard Gosport
Download a pdf of the 20 year review