Property Portfolio

   Boathouse 6
     
One of the first examples of a building constructed with an internal metal frame with massive iron girders to support boat storage on the upper floors. The eastern end of the building was badly damaged at first and second floor level during World War 2 and this allowed the insertion of a new auditorium when the building was converted for public use by the Trust. Architects McCormac Jamieson Prichard also added an external stair tower and new roof.
 
The refurbishment and conversion won a Civic Trust Award in 2003.
 
Constructed
1845
Status
Listed Grade 2*
Present Use
Action Stations exhibition (ground and first floors); offices (second floor)
Architect
Captain James Beatson, Royal Engineers
Restored & converted by PNBPT
1998-2001
Capital Cost
16.4m
Architect
MacCormac Jamieson Prichard
Contractor
HBG Special Projects Ltd

 

News & Events
Useful Links
Job Vacancies
Holiday Accommodation
Interactive Property Map for Historic Dockyard Portsmouth Interactive Property Map for Priddy's Hard Gosport
Download a pdf of the 20 year review