Designed by Naval architects, the building was originally intended to extend as far as Victory Gate to the south but construction was halted at the outbreak of World War 2. The temporary corrugated iron cladding of 1940 to the southern elevation remains today. Boathouse 4 houses workshops and offices and is also used for major events held in the Historic Dockyard. It is the only building in the Trust's estate with direct access to the harbour and is scheduled for redevelopment from 2009/10.
Within Conservation Area 22
Workshops, offices and storage
Please Click Here to learn more about our exciting Boathouse 4 project.