Attractions Visitor Host/Technician - Action Stations
Permanent Post, Salary £17,063.00 per Annum plus Enhancement of £2.00 per Hour for Technician Duties
Portsmouth Naval Base Property Trust currently has a vacancy for an Attractions Visitor Host/Technician. This is a full-time, permanent post and the successful applicant will work 5 out of 7 days, and be on an annualised hours system. A keen interest in the technical aspects of the job is essential and any previous technical experience is welcomed.
Main duties will involve:
1. Acting as Duty Technician when required.
2. Acting as Conference Technician for special events when required.
3. Acting as Projectionist for No.6 Cinema when required.
4. Welcoming and orientating visitors and checking tickets on entry.
5. Working on the Laser Quest arena, briefing and marshalling participants, operating the till and handling cash.
6. Operating all Action Stations exhibits and displays and ensuring that participants are enjoying themselves safely.
7. Assisting with workshops, corporate events, education visits, birthday parties and other events as necessary.
8. Operating the cinema and running the Action Stations' film "Command Approved".
9. Keeping Action Stations clean and tidy and in a presentable state for visitors.
10. Moving furniture to any designated area within Action Stations, in preparation for special events.
To apply for this position, applicants should send a CV and covering letter detailing how their knowledge and experience match those specified to Lauren Mitchell at email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 28th May 2018
Interviews will be held after candidates are shortlisted. This is currently scheduled for the week commencing 4th June 2018.