Aims of the Trust
The following is a list of the Trust’s aims in relation to Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, although its remit also extends to sites elsewhere.
• To restore and find appropriate uses for buildings and structures of outstanding architectural and historic interest related to HM Naval Base in the Portsmouth and south-east Hampshire area
• To extend the estate as surplus Ministry of Defence land and buildings become available.
• To create an enduring maritime heritage centre of the highest class in the Historic Dockyard at Portsmouth, so that it may be enjoyed by the public for generations to come.
• To protect the ethos of the Historic Dockyard and of any other related historic estate so that new development, or further commercial activity, is sensitive to its unique atmosphere.
• To set and maintain the highest standards in education, interpretation and collections
• To enhance public awareness of the role of the civilian workforce in supporting the Royal Navy by promoting the establishment of a Museum of the Dockyard.
• To ensure that visitors have a comprehensive and enjoyable experience of the Historic Dockyard.